Wealth Management Advisor
Title: Wealth Management Advisor
Division: Wealth Management
Location: Kansas City
Reports to: President
The Wealth Management Advisor identifies and develops prospects for BCFS and converts them to clients. Conducts educational meetings for the participants of existing retirement plan clients as well as one-on-one meetings. Invests and manages client portfolios based on the BCFS investment philosophy. Works in conjunction with service team to provide high level of service, retaining clients and getting client referrals.
The Wealth Management Advisor position is a commission based sales position. The Advisor will build a book of business by harnessing the power of the BCFS brand. Lead generation comes from conducting individual and group educational meetings for retirement plan clients and through individual networking efforts.
- Conduct retirement plan participant education meetings; meet with individual participants; build relationships with participants and key employees.
- Explain the value proposition of wealth management services to retirement plan participants. Qualify potential business leads. Close qualified business.
- Develop leads through cold calling, networking and client referrals. Convert leads to wealth management clients. Meet annual sales goals by advancing prospects through the opportunity pipeline to close business.
- Work closely with the Portfolio Management Team to understand the BCFS investment philosophy and ensure that clients are provided with the best investment solutions.
- Meet with clients regularly to ensure investments align with their goals, risk tolerance and personal situation.
- Work in conjunction with the service team on day to day service including investment review meetings and financial planning.
- Support business development efforts of the Vice President which may include events, campaigns, prospect meetings and proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business, Economics or Finance preferred; military experience can be substituted
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in financial service sales required, 3-5 preferred, Pension Related experience a plus.
- Series 63/65 or 66
- Existing book of business not required but helpful as this is a commission position.
- Strong presentation skills, overall communication skills.
- Proficient in MSFT Suite including PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus.
- Full knowledge and understanding of department functions and interactions
How to Apply: Please e-mail your resume to Carrie Ohm at firstname.lastname@example.org.