Press and Recognition
Accolades and Memberships
- 2018 PLANADVISER Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisers by PLANSPONSOR Magazine1
- 2017 Named Retirement Plan Advisor Mega Team of the Year Finalists by
- PLANSPONSOR Magazine1
- 2006 – 2014 Nominated Advisor of the Year by PLANSPONSOR Magazine1
2017 NAPA Top DC Advisor Firms 7
- 2007 Institutional Investor “Top 20 Rising Star” Award2
- 2010 and 2011 DCP Institute “Top 40 Most Influential Advisor in DC Market” by 401kwire.com3
- 2006 – 2014 Selected “Most Successful Advisors” by PLANSPONSOR/PLANADVISOR Magazine4
- Ranked as one of the Top Wealth Management firms in Kansas City by Kansas City Business Journal in 20155
- 2015 Financial Times Top Financial Advisors6
- American Society of Pension Professional Association (ASPPA)
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- PLANSPONSOR Retirement Professionals (PRP)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF)
- Goverment Affairs Committee of ASPPA
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA)
- Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA)
- Qualified Plan Financial Consultant (QPFC)
References to Accolades
1) PLANSPONSOR magazine – Awarded by PLANSPONSOR magazine, based on nominations for PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser and Adviser Team of the Year awards. Nominations were solicited online from retirement plan advisers, their employers and/or broker/dealers, and plan sponsors, as well as from working partners of these advisers, including investment vendors, accountants, and attorneys, and pension administrators. Advisors who have attained the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Professional designation received an automatic nomination. The finalists were selected by an expert panel of judges from a list of semifinalists compiled from a quantitative evaluation of their current service levels and based on feedback from their plan sponsor clients. Client feedback may not represent the views of all clients. This is not indicative of future performance. For more information, please visit www.plansponsor.com.
2) Institutional Investor – Nominated by the industry and selected by Institutional Investor based on the following attributes; advisors are 40 years of age or younger and have credentials and experience and a career consistency that indicates they will be the ones to watch as leaders and trend setters in the industry going forward. For more information, please visit www.institutionalinvestor.com.
3) The 401KWire – The list is based on nominations from the industry and editorial staff. The final list was selected based on input from those advisors nominated for the list and an analysis of objective criteria including the statistics about the advisors’ practices gathered directly from the advisors. For more information, please visit www.401kwire.com.
4) PLANSPONSOR – Nominations for the Retirement Plan Adviser and Adviser Team of the Year awards were solicited online from retirement plan advisers, their employers, and/or broker/dealers, and plan sponsors, as well as from working partners of these advisers, including investment vendors, accountants and attorneys, and pension administrators (advisers who have attained the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Professional designation receive an automatic nomination). For more information, please visit www.plansponsor.com.
5) Kansas City Business Journal – The rankings were based upon assets under management. Information on the list was supplied by the individual firms through questionnaires and could not be independently verified by the Kansas City Business Journal.Only those that responded to our inquiries were listed. In case of ties, companies are listed alphabetically. For more information, please visit www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/.
6) Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors was awarded to financial advisors managing at least $25 million in defined contribution (DC) plan assets where CD plans represent at least 20% of total AUM. Graded on several criteria including growth in DC plans and assets, plan participation rates, experience and industry certifications, and compliance record.
7) NAPA – The list is based upon DC assets under management as of 12/31/16.
8) WealthManagement.com – This list is based on data collected by Discovery Data. The 10 U.S.-based RIAs on this list have seen the most acceleration, growing their assets under management at record rates over the last 6 1/2 years. AUM growth is measured from December 2010 to June 2017.